Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zion, Page & Grand Canyon

We can now add wild turkey and buffalo to the list of animals we've
seen. I love seeing all these animals. Yesterday, at Zion we saw
several mule deer so close that if I had taken one step closer I could
have touched them!

Lake Powell was very beautiful. Basically, it is a series of canyons
filled with water. It acts as a reservoir.
We took a boat into Navajo Nation country and saw Rainbow Bridge- a
natural arch formed by water. It is so tall that the Statue of Liberty
could sit beneath it.

We're now driving to the Grand Canyon and the country around us
reminds me of pictures I've seen of the African Savannah. We are
driving across Navajo country, which incidently is the largest Indian
Reservation in the US.

See you at the Grand Canyon!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment