Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I will woo her into the desert and speak tendery to her there.

The title of this entry can be found in Hosea. This is God speaking
about wooing His bride to Himself.

I love the desert. What?! Yes, yes, I love it! It's not like the Gobi
out here; but it is a desert. I am amazed at how alive it is.
Yes, it is arid and dry; but it is covered in vegetation. Even the
ground is alive! A series of bacteria grow over several years which
creates some of the most nutrient rich soil around.
Wild animals abound. From big horned sheep to fox to mule deer,
bobcats, cougars, coyote to kangaroo rats to lizards, snakes and frogs.
When I look across the blankets of red rock what a beautiful suprise
to see wild flowers springing up here and there. Bright red Indian
Paintbrush, yellow Broom, white Daisies, and a purple flower whose
name I don't know quite yet peak up at the edges of rocks.
And speaking of rocks- they do Circ du Soile-like balancing acts, pop
up in the middle of fields like the wildflowers. They're the shapes of
people and animals. And the other day I saw one that must have been a
mile wide in the shape of a heart.
Yes! I love the desert. There is a peaceful quiet here. What a wild
and beautiful place for the Lord to speak tenderly to His people. He
speaks to me here. This earth reflects His wildness which is
captivating, and His beauty which is majestic, breathtaking, and
enthrolling.

Today we will be leaving Bryce Canyon, traveling to Zion and then on
to Lake Powell.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment