Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Memorial

Wow...I cannot believe that it is almost here! Our adventure through the Southwest is here!

A dear friend prayed for me this morning. It was so sweet to be reminded. Reminded of God's love for me, that He thinks of me, that He is in pursuit of my heart.

She asked that God would create "markers" for me throughout this trip, as reminders of what He is teaching me--of those sweetnesses between us. I thought of all the times in the old testament when the Israelites would put up a memorial to remind them that the Lord did...whatever He did at the time. Like in Genesis 28 when Jacob set up the stone as a pillar that would be God's house or in Joshua 4:

"So Joshua called together the twelve men he had appointed from the Israelites, one from each tribe, and said to them, "Go over before the ark of the LORD your God into the middle of the Jordan. Each of you is to take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the Israelites, to serve as a sign among you. In the future, when your children ask you, "What do these stones mean? tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever." Joshua 4:5-7 NIV

I love her prayer! That the Lord would set up memorials for me, to remind me of what He has done--of Who He Is!

I hope to blog about our adventure through the Southwest in the coming days. To share with you these little remembrances of the Lord Who Loves Us!

Check back beginning April 25th and follow our adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear (read) all about it. We will be here with bells on and prayers in our hearts for you both. God Bless yall's trip.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete