Friday, April 16, 2010

Surrender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkQ7YVys_A
This is a link to a YouTube video of Mikeschair's release of "Let the Waters Rise." I've never been a real fan of music videos, but this song is incredible. The video might speak to you, but it is the song that resonates with my soul.

Of course you all know how much I love the sea so the images that this song depicts are beautiful to me. Take a look at some of the lyrics:

"There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees
So let the waters rise
If you want them to
I will follow you
I will follow you
I will follow you

I can swim in the deep
Cuz You'll be next to me
You're in the eye of the storm
And in the calm of the sea
You're never out of reach

God, you know where I've been
You were there with me then
You were faithful before
You'll be faithful again
I'm holding Your hand"

To me--this song sounds like the the most beautiful picture of surrender to God. It is a surrender that might be accompanied by pain; but it is also a surrender of complete trust, affection and love.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tracy,

    I totally agree about this song, it is a great explaination of how we should unconditionally surrender to God. I enjoy the chorus because it is such a great prayer to God to let him know regardless of what we face we will be obedient and follow him. It is a great reminder if we are struggling with life trails, that we need to continue to stay by his side for the strength, peace and love we need to get through any time in our life.
    Thanks for the posting such a great song, it is great to stop and remember we need to surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy! I love this song too! To follow Him always...even when the waters are raging- To know that He has been faithful before and will be faithful again...
    I need to be reminded every once in a while!

    Katie Jordan
    (your fellow Timberwolf Otter!! :)

    ReplyDelete